School hikes run from late October through the end of March.
The cost per school is $300 for the first class and $100 for each additional class.
This fee includes teachers and required chaperones.
The hikes require an adult ratio of 1 adult for 6 students.
All participants must stay with the group and not leave before the completion of the hike activity.
Contact for general information
To inquire about scheduling a hike please complete the form below:
Teacher/Parent Information About Hikes
- MMIH Liability Release Forms must be signed by school adults ahead of time and collected by the MMIH Guide prior to entering the Buttes private property.
- Parent/chaperone ratio of 1 chaperone for every 6 youngsters. Additional $10 fee for any extra field trip parent or chaperone attendees, with a maximum of 2 extra per trail.
- Each child should carry their own backpack with sack lunch and water (no sweet drinks or candy).
- Students and chaperones are to wear appropriate clothing and shoes for the weather and terrain. Please encourage students to wear hats.
- Disciplining is the responsibility of the teacher and chaperones. Our Guides do not monitor student behavior.
- Artifacts, bones, and other finds are to be left on the trail for everyone to discover and not removed from the property.
- Vehicles are to be kept to a minimum. Car-pooling is required.
- All participants must stay with the group and no one may leave before the termination of the hike activity.